Bagels, Scrambled Eggs & Smoked Mackerel
- 1 tbsp low fat spread
- 6 medium Lion Quality eggs
- 50ml/2fl oz semi-skimmed milk
- 2 peppered mackerel fillets, skinned and flaked
- 4 tbsp soured cream
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- four plain bagels, halved and toasted
- fresh chives or dill, to garnish
1. Melt the low fat spread in a small non-stick saucepan. Beat the eggs with the milk and seasoning. Add the eggs to the pan and cook over a low heat for 2-3 minutes, until the egg is beginning to set. Stir in the mackerel and continue cooking until the eggs are creamy and the mackerel is hot.
2. Set bagels on four plates and fill with the scrambled egg mixture. Add soured cream, a sprinkling of black pepper and a few chives or sprigs of dill to garnish, then serve.