This is the basic recipe for eggs ..
- 2 Large eggs
- Water for boiling
- Pinch of salt
- Buttered toast cut into soldiers to serve (optional)
1. Place egg in a small pan. Cover with at least 2.5cm (1") of cold water, add a pinch of salt and place the pan on a high heat.
2. When the water is almost boiling, gently stir the egg and set a kitchen timer for one of the timings below:
3 minutes for really soft boiled yolk and set white
4 minutes for slightly set yolk and set white
5 minutes for firmer yolk and white
6 minutes for hard boiled with lightly soft yolk
7 minutes for firmly hard boiled
3. Reduce heat slightly to keep water bubbling but not fast boiling and stir the egg once more.
4. Once cooking time is complete, remove the egg from the pan with slotted spoon, place into egg cup and serve immediately with hot buttered toast soldiers.
To prevent egg cracking, make a small pin prick in the shell at the rounded end to allow the steam to escape. The basic eggs recipe is ready for serve...
Try also this baked-asparaguus-eggs-recipe