- 2 tablespoons fine dry breadcrumbs
- 1 pound thin asparagus
- 1 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 cup water
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup shredded Gruyère cheese
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Coat a 10-inch pie pan or ceramic quiche dish with cooking spray. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs, tapping out the excess.
2. Snap tough ends off asparagus. Slice off the top 2 inches of the tips and reserve. Cut the stalks into 1/2-inch-long slices.
3. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions, bell pepper, garlic and 1/4 teaspoon salt; cook, stirring, until softened, 5 to 7 minutes.
4. Add water and the asparagus stalks to the skillet. Cook, stirring, until the asparagus is tender and the liquid has evaporated, about 7 minutes (the mixture should be very dry). Season with salt and pepper.
Arrange the vegetables in an even layer in the prepared pan.
5. Whisk eggs and egg whites in a large bowl. Add ricotta, parsley, the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper; whisk to blend. Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables, gently shaking the pan to distribute.
Scatter the reserved asparagus tips over the top and sprinkle with Gruyère.
6. Bake the frittata until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, about 35 minutes. Let stand for 3 minutes before serving....great taste aroma...! The eggs recipe is ready...nice taste !